Today, Homeowners are looking for ways to add value to their homes. Some may have thought of building an outdoor structure like the gazebo in their open space. The gazebo has been used for centuries by many, building a gazebo enhances the home. Before considering whether a gazebo can add value to the home, let’s discuss what the gazebo is.
What is a Gazebo?
A gazebo is an outdoor structure that is freestanding or attached to another structure or a building. You can build a gazebo in your house, garden, in parks, or any open space. The gazebo has several uses and gazebo builders can use various materials in making it. Builders use materials like cedar, pressure-treated pine, aluminium, steel, and vinyl in making a gazebo.
A gazebo can be a temporary or permanent structure, depending on the material used. Permanent gazebos have a hardtop, and you can style it in a circular, octagonal, or rectangular shape. They are long-lasting and can withstand any weather conditions. While a temporary gazebo has soft tops and is lightweight, they are portable, and you can transport it easily from one point to another.
Temporary gazebos are for occasional use; hence they are not suitable for use throughout the year. A gazebo has several benefits; homeowners who install a gazebo in their homes can never regret doing it.
Benefits of a Gazebo
- Installing a gazebo in your backyard can increase the value of your home. The more stylish your home is, the more valuable it will become. A gazebo has a unique appeal to viewers; it offers an amazing and tremendous architectural interest. Building a gazebo is a way you can add style to your home and make it more appealing.
- The gazebo is an ideal way to increase the value of your home. Installing a gazebo in your backyard makes your house unique, and it creates more space that you can use outside. A house with a gazebo stands out from other houses; the gazebo structure is so catchy to the eye that anyone will notice it. The gazebo will boost your home value in the sense that it increases your property’s worth. Because of the added living space you create with a gazebo; Potential buyers will pay more for a house with a well-furnished gazebo structure than any other house.
- Other than attracting potential buyers, a gazebo in your yard can serve several purposes. Depending on the occasion, you can change the look of your yard by decorating your gazebo. Homeowners can decorate their gazebo with light, flowers, drapes, and other accessories.
- You can enjoy your stay outdoors in summer and winter if you have a gazebo. A gazebo can provide shade from the scorching sun; it can also protect you from getting wet when it rains. The gazebo can protect your furniture from sun damage which can cause it to fade. You don’t need to worry about whether your furniture will get wet when it rains. During cold seasons you can install a screen wall, drape or curtains, and other accessories in your gazebo. The gazebo is an outdoor structure that you can use as shelter all year round.
- The gazebo can also serve as an outdoor kitchen where you can make a barbecue to entertain your family and friends. Gazebo owners can also use the gazebo as a shelter for an outdoor spa or as a new location to enjoy game nights with your family.
Factors that Determine a Gazebo Value
In warm regions, outdoor living is very popular, and homeowners like to spend time outside to escape the heat. A gazebo is a perfect structure that can provide relief from the heat during summer. The value of the house with a gazebo will increase in a warm region. It is because anyone looking forward to buying a house will spend more on the house with a ready-made gazebo.
The type of gazebo you build in your yard can also determine whether it will add value to your home. The style, the way you design the gazebo, and the material used in constructing your pavilion can determine its value. A gazebo with durable material tends to add class, style, and more value to the home.
Although metal and vinyl gazebo is long-lasting and easy to maintain, homeowners use wooden gazebo more. Wooden gazebos are the most popular kind of gazebo; potential buyers tend to crave a gazebo made with wood rather than other materials. It is because wooden gazebo is aesthetically pleasing; they blend well with any style of home.
For homeowners looking forward to selling their house, your gazebo’s size can also determine its value. Buyers tend to correspond size to its value; a large gazebo may add more value to your house than a smaller one.
A gazebo can add value to the home by increasing its property worth. A gazebo can also add value to your house by making it unique and beautiful. You can use a gazebo as shade for outdoor activities and a lot more.